Sculptra Boca Raton
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is a non-surgical, cosmetic treatment for diminishing facial lines and filling wrinkles, creating a more youthful, natural appearance to your face. Also known as the “liquid facelift,” Sculptra works by filling in lines and wrinkles and by stimulating the production of new collagen and underlying tissue. Sculptra is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts using a very fine needle. The gel fills the skin’s wrinkles and hollows by plumping the skin with poly-L-lactic acid, which works to replenish lost collagen. The procedure is easy and convenient and results are immediate yet progressively improve over time. There is minimal discomfort during or after the procedure.
Sculptra is approved by the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds, hollow areas and depressions. Parts of the face that can be treated include the temples, nasolabial folds, cheeks and chin. Sculptra is not used around the eyes or lips. Of course, results may vary among individuals. While there are some possible minor side effects, medical research shows that Sculptra injections are safe for most people.
Sculptra delivers a gradual and significant increase in skin thickness, improving the appearance of folds, indentations and recessed areas in the face and neck. The results achieved by Sculptra are natural looking and appear progressively over a few weeks’ time. Because Sculptra stimulates the body to produce its own collagen, the results can last up to two years or more in some cases. Some minor additional treatments may be needed to maintain the desired effect. Of course, results may vary and it is best to discuss your individual case with the Ultimate Wellness staff at our Boca Raton office during your initial consultation.
Video: Watch Franca’s Before to After Story
Before Sculptra Treatment
- Prior to your Sculptra treatment please make sure you have not been taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinning medication or supplement for 5-7 days.
- Please arrive for your appointment with clean skin, free of any make-up or lotions/creams.
After Sculptra Treatment
- A temporary amount of mild to moderate swelling or redness at the injection site can be expected immediately after treatment. This is a normal occurrence and will subside over the next few days. Cold compresses or ice packs may be applied to the area as needed.
- Bruising at the injection site is a commonly reported side effect. The extent and duration of bruising can be decreased by applying cold compresses within the first 24 hours after treatment.
- It is normal to experience some tenderness at treatment site for a few days.
- Massage the treated areas with a firm circular motion 3 times daily for 5 minutes and continue for 7 days following any injection session.
- The injection site may be gently washed a few hours after treatment. Please avoid aggressive scrubbing or rubbing.
- Makeup may be applied shortly after treatment unless otherwise noted. Please make sure to apply gently.
- Avoid exercise or alcohol for 6 hours after treatment.
- Laser, microdermabrasion, chemical peel, or any other aggressive treatments over treatment site should be avoided for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- No sunbathing or excessive UV exposure until the redness and swelling has subsided.
- Immediately report any worsening, persistent symptoms, or side effects to our office.
- Follow up injections should be scheduled within 4-6 weeks.
- European expert recommendations on the use of injectable poly-L-lactic acid for facial rejuvenation.
- Long-term aesthetic outcomes with injectable poly-l-lactic acid: observations and practical recommendations based on clinical experience over 5 years.
- [Facial rejuvenation using L-polylactic acid: about 298 successive cases]