Hypnosis Boca Raton Day Spa
Mercedes Flores is a trained and certified Hypnotist since 2000.
She is an active member of the National Guild of Hypnotists.
Hypnosis, also referred to as hypnosis or hypnotic suggestion, is a trance-like state of mind. It is usually achieved with the help of a hypnotist and is different from your everyday awareness.
When you’re under hypnosis:
- Your attention is more focused
- You’re deeply relaxed and calm
- You’re more open to suggestions, and less critical or disbelieving
- The purpose of hypnosis is to help you gain more control over your behavior, emotions or physical well-being.
Hypnosis creates a state of deep relaxation and quiets the mind. When you’re hypnotized, you can concentrate intensely on a specific thought, memory, feeling or sensation while blocking out distractions. You’re more open than usual to suggestions, and this can be used to change your behavior and thereby improve your health and well-being.
Who benefits from hypnosis treatments?
Hypnosis has the potential to help relieve the symptoms of a wide variety of diseases and conditions. It can be used independently or along with other treatments. For example, it’s one of several relaxation methods for treating chronic pain that has been approved by an independent panel convened by the National Institutes of Health According to preliminary studies.
Hypnosis may be used to:
- Change negative behaviors, such as smoking, and overeating
- Reduce or eliminate fears, stress and anxiety
- Treat or control pain
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce the intensity or frequency of headaches, including migraines
- Hasten the healing of some skin diseases, including warts, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis
“Hello Ms. Mercedes,
I must admit that I was very skeptical at first. When I came to see you about my stage fright I was sure this would be a condition for life. You made all that go away. I don’t understand exactly what you did or how, but your skills as a hypnotist have convinced me that I can perform anywhere at any time and it is all good. My career has advanced thanks to the opportunity to free myself of my stage fright.”
- Unconscious agendas in the etiology of refractory obesity and the role of hypnosis in their identification and resolution: a new paradigm for weight-management programs or a paradigm revisited
- Hypnotic approaches for chronic pain management: clinical implications of recent research findings.
- A Method for using Hypnotism with Persons Living with Cancer